Newcastle United transfer rumors: PSG striker Mauro Icardi heading to St James’ Park? | Football news

All the latest Newcastle United transfer news, rumors and gossip now that the £ 300million takeover of the North East club is officially over, with a Saudi-led consortium ending ownership of 14 years of Mike Ashley on the Magpies.

The Premier League confirmed the takeover in a statement, saying it had received “legally binding assurances” that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control Newcastle United.

The investment group is led by the Public Investment Fund (PIF) and also includes PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media.

Newcastle new owners are expected to replace Steve Bruce as head coach, but no decision has yet been made on when that could happen.

In the meantime, all eyes are now on who the Magpies might sign when the January transfer window reopens early next year:

Will Bruce remain Newcastle boss?

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Sky Sports’ Keith Downie believes Steve Bruce may no longer be Newcastle manager when they face Tottenham on October 17th.

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce said Sky Sports News he is fully aware that the new owners may be looking for a new head coach.

“I’m happy for the club that this has gone through. It’s a great night for the fans, I’m thrilled for them,” Bruce said. Sky Sports News.

“I want to continue [as manager] but I have to be realistic. I am not stupid and aware of what could happen with the new owners.

“I don’t intend to speak to Amanda as far as I know.”

Bruce set to take charge of his 1,000th weekly game against Spurs on Sunday Air sports.

He added: “If I don’t make 1,000 games against Spurs, you could say it can only happen to me. It’s not cruel, it’s just football.”

The The telegraph of the day reported on October 9, Bruce is expected to receive a payment of £ 8million from Newcastle if, as is generally expected, his tenure as manager is ended by the club’s new owners.

“Very unlikely Bruce will be in charge of Spurs”

Steve Bruce saw his Newcastle United side go eight games without a win in all competitions
Picture:
Steve Bruce’s position as Newcastle United boss now in jeopardy

Keith Downie from Sky Sports News:

“I would be surprised if there wasn’t a new man in the hot seat in time for Spurs one week on Sunday.

“Whether it was someone already at the club like Graeme Jones, who arrived at the club separately from the rest of Bruce’s backroom staff, there’s a chance it was him.

“Maybe they already have someone in mind if they don’t.

“I don’t think they already have anyone in mind, but it would be highly unlikely that Bruce would still be in charge of this game.

“I just don’t believe this is the look they are going for after everything that has happened in the past 24 hours.

“So they can bring someone in temporarily while they get the ball rolling like Jones, or they can make a quick date.

“And when I spoke to Bruce last night, he already seemed resigned to his fate …”

Which managers has Newcastle been linked with?

Newcastle new owners will take out ax boss Steve Bruce next week (Sunday mirror, October 10).

Deputy director Graeme jones expected to be in the St James’ Park dugout for Sunday’s home clash with Spurs, while Brighton boss Graham potter is “in the frame” to succeed Bruce (Star on Sunday, October 10).

Graham potter emerged as one of the candidates to replace Steve Bruce in the Newcastle hot seat, following their takeover earlier this week (Daily mail, October 9).

The 46-year-old has managed the Amex since 2019 and has guided the Seagulls to sixth so far this season, with four wins in their opening seven Premier League appearances. He does, however, have a contract at the club which runs until 2025.

Former Chelsea boss Frank Lampard and Rangers director Steven gerrard are in the frame to replace Newcastle boss Steve Bruce, who says he expects to lose his job (The telegraph of the day, October 8).

Newcastle new owners want to bring Antonio Conté at the club, with the former Chelsea manager parting ways with Inter after winning the Scudetto (The Gazzetta dello Sport, October 8).

However, Conte would likely reject the chance to lead the Saudi-backed assault on Newcastle to the top of English football (The sun, October 9).

Paulo fonseca is another name on Newcastle’s managerial shortlist after apparently failing to reach an agreement to join Tottenham over the summer (Mirror, October 9).

Newcastle United will be able to spend more than £ 200million to strengthen their squad over the next three years without breaking financial fair play rules, financial analysts say (Daily mail, October 8).

Newcastle new owners aim to make the club as big as Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain (The temperature, October 8).

The takeover of Newcastle United by the Saudi public investment fund is an “image management” of Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, leader of the country, said human rights group Amnesty International (The temperature, October 8).

Mike Ashley has revealed he could have accepted a higher offer for Newcastle United but believes the £ 300million Saudi takeover was better for the club (Tit sun, October 8).

Alan Shearer is likely to accept an ambassadorial role at Newcastle United to help promote and advise the club’s new owners (The telegraph of the day, October 9)

Which players have been linked?

Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey (PA)
Picture:
Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey reportedly interested in Newcastle

Newcastle want to sign PSG cheeky Mauro icardi, although Spurs and Juventus are also interested in the player (Mail on Sunday, October 10).

Newcastle is interested in bringing Burnley‘s James tarkowski and Manchester United‘s Jesse Lingard at St James’ Park in January (Daily Express, October 9).

Lingard, 28 – who played on loan at West Ham late last season – has only started once for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer’s men this term, while Tarkowski, also 28, is at the end of the contract this summer, but would have a gentleman’s agreement in place to go into the winter window if a suitable offer arrives.

Newcastle supporters want the club to do Aaron ramsey their first major signing after the Saudi takeover was concluded. (Le Soleil, October 9)

Demba Ba has offered to come out of retirement to play for the new owners of Newcastle United. (Daily Star, October 9)

Philippe CoutinhoNewcastle representatives are said to have already contacted the new owners of Newcastle to see if there is any interest in their client. (Daily Mirror, October 9)


Source link

Comments are closed.